Mediterranean Salad (for two)
This salad loaded with crabmeat, shrimp, olives and so much more is a perfect dinner when you're looking for something light and delicious. Make tonight a special occasion.
- 1/4 lb jumbo lump crabmeat
- 6 Jumbo shrimp cooked Peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup pasta cooked
- 8 grape tomatoes or 1 large tomato cut in wedges
- 8 olives
- 2 stalks celery sliced
- 1 carrot shredded
- 1/4 cup crumbled Feta cheese your favorite cheese can be substituted
- 4 ounces artichoke hearts sliced - optional
- 1 cup homemade croutons optional
- 1 head romaine hearts cleaned and chopped into bite size pieces
Cook pasta and allow to cool
Cook shrimp for 5 minutes in boiling water, remove from water and cool quickly with ice of cold water.
Peel and devein. (shrimp may also be sliced in half long way to give the illusion of more shrimp)
wash and chop romaine.
slice celery and shred carrot.
Build your salad with the romaine base then add in all of your vegetables, pasta and crumbled feta.
The last thing you should do is place the shrimp and then top with the jumbo lump crabmeat.
Calories: 334kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 86mg | Sodium: 1399mg | Potassium: 329mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1415IU | Vitamin C: 26mg | Calcium: 200mg | Iron: 3mg