The Perfect Summer Salad Recipe
When your looking for a salad that won't have you walking away hungry, try my summertime salad full of delicousness!
- 4 cups field greens or chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 peach peeled and sliced
- ½ cup feta cheese crumbles
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs marinated with your choice of spices
- 1 ear corn kernels cut off the ear
- 2 Roma tomatoes sliced and marinated with olive oil basil and sea salt
- extra virgin olive oil to taste
- balsamic vinegar to taste
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Marinate chicken thighs for 3-4 hours (overnite is best) in extra virgin olive oil, and your choice of fresh herbs and spices. I used basil, garlic and spicy red pepper from Gourmet Gardens
Grill chicken thighs until done, set aside until cool. When fully cool, slice into strips
Place ear of corn directly on grill and allow to cook until tender. Set aside until cool and then cut the kernels off of the corn cob to use when assembly salad
Peel Peach and cut into slices, set aside
slice Roma tomatoes and add olive oil, sea salt and chopped basil. Mix well and allow to marinate until assembling salad
Place field greens on large serving platter
Starting from the middle, place strips of cooked chicken thighs and then work your way out to the edges alternating colors to form a pleasing display.
Serve with Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Balsamic Vinegar, Sea Salt and Black Pepper or your favorite salad dressing, and enjoy!
Calories: 656kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 45g | Fat: 47g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Cholesterol: 256mg | Sodium: 604mg | Potassium: 1010mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 9284IU | Vitamin C: 17mg | Calcium: 240mg | Iron: 3mg