Root Vegetable Paella
Looking for a delicious Meatless Monday option for your family? Spice things up a bit at your family table with my easy to make Root Vegetable Paella. Just make sure to make enough because everyone is going to want seconds!
- 1 Turnip peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 Parsnip peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 slices Carrots peeled and cut into large
- 1 Onion peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 Fennel bulb cleaned and cut into chunks
- 2 Potatoes cleaned and cut into chunks
- 1 head garlic peeled cloves
- 12 oz whole mushrooms washed
- 12 oz grape tomatoes washed
- Olive Oil as needed
- Sea Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- 1 - 2 pinch Saffron
- 2 cups rice
- 4 -5 cups vegetable stock
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Clean and prep all vegetables
Toss vegetables in a light coating of Extra Virgin Olive Oil, add sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
Place lightly oiled seasoned veggies covered with foil for 25 minutes, then uncover and continue roasting for an additional 15 minutes
While Veggies are roasting begin your cooking your saffron rice.
In a large skillet, add a tablespoon of olive oil and rice. Stir rice to slightly saute rice for 2-3 minutes.
Add vegetable stock and saffron. Stir to blend together then cover and allow to simmer while cooking rice. Stir occasionally, rice should take about 30-40 minutes to cook.
Rice and Veggies should be done about the same time, for assembly on a large platter use the Saffron Rice as a base, arranging the beautiful roasted veggies on top of the rice.
Calories: 526kcal | Carbohydrates: 115g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 1g | Sodium: 121mg | Potassium: 1699mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 10975IU | Vitamin C: 51.5mg | Calcium: 147mg | Iron: 5.8mg