Caponata is a simple and delicious blend that you'll find many uses for, on pasta, sandwiches, grilled foods and bruschetta!
- 1 medium eggplant peeled and sliced then grilled, small dice
- 1 small zucchini sliced long way then grilled , small dice
- ½ cup assorted pitted olives small dice
- 1 medium tomato small dice
- 1 tablespoon basil chopped
- ¼ cup vinegar
- 1 tbsp sugar
- ⅛ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
Coat eggplant and zucchini in olive oil season with sea salt and pepper and grill or roast until barely cooked. Allow to cool before dicing.
Dice eggplant, zucchini, tomatoes and olives (cut in a small dice)
Mix all of the ingredients (except pasta and cheese) together a bowl and toss until mixed well and set aside. Keep at room temp if you are using immediately. If not using right away refrigerate mixture, allowing it to come back to room temperature before using.
Calories: 109kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 561mg | Potassium: 412mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 453IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 27mg | Iron: 1mg