Blackened Salmon with a Gorgonzola Cream Sauce
My Blackened Salmon with a Gorgonzola Cream Sauce is a Restaurant Style Dish with a symphony of flavors that can be made in your home kitchen in under 30 minutes.
- 2 6 ounce coho salmon fillets or your favorite salmon or other fish
- 2 tablespoons blackening seasoning I used cajun magic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 ounces heavy cream
- 1 ounce gorgonzola crumbles ( you may use more crumbles if you like a more intense flavor or sub bleu cheese crumbles)
- 1 teaspoon chopped Italian parsley for garnish or other leafy green
- gorgonzola crumbles to garnish optional
remove skin from salmon fillets
pat dry salmon and liberally sprinkle blackening seasonings on top of each fillet. Press down gently on seasonings so they don't fall off
when skillet is hot carefully add olive oil and salmon, seasoning side down. Do not touch the salmon for 2 minutes (make sure to have the fan on)
after two minutes check the salmon by gently turning it over to see if you have enough color on the fish
saute the other side for 2 minutes then place salmon in a shallow baking dish with a little water in the bottom of the dish.
bake salmon for 12-15 minutes at 350 degrees
place cream in a small sauce pan and heat to a light boil, reduce heat to simmer
add gorgonzola crumbles to sauce allowing them to melt into the cream
if sauce appears to thick add a few drops of water or additional cream
When Salmon is done spoon sauce over the middle of the fish and garnish with parsley and gorgonzola crumbles
Serve immediately and enjoy!
Calories: 500kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 37g | Fat: 37g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Cholesterol: 162mg | Sodium: 1354mg | Potassium: 901mg | Vitamin A: 800IU | Calcium: 123mg | Iron: 1.4mg