Garlic Shrimp and Spinach over Linguine
For a quick and delicious weeknight meal serve up my Garlic Shrimp and Supergreens over pasta. Your family will love the flavor and you'll love how easy it is to make.
- ⅔ pound shrimp peeled and deveined I used 16/ 20 count
- ⅔ pound linguine or pasta of your choice
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped finely chopped
- 2 cups spinach or greens of your choice
- 8 ounces mushrooms sliced (optional)
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil more as needed
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- pinch of crushed red pepper flakes or more if you like spicy
- grated romano cheese to taste garnish
Cook pasta according to instructions on box.As the pasta is cooking begin preparing your saute dish by heating a large skillet on high heat
Start by adding olive oil to a pan over medium-high heat. Add the chopped garlic and shrimp. Turn down heat to medium and stir shrimp around so neither the shrimp or garlic burn.
Remove the shrimp and most of the garlic from the pan when shrimp are about ¾ of the way cooked (about 2 minutes). Set aside until they are needed.
After removing the shrimp and the garlic, add the mushrooms to the pan, along with additional olive oil if necessary and saute for 2-3 minutes
Add the spinach to the pan and stir until they begin to wilt.
Add the sauteed shrimp and garlic back to pan. Season with crushed red pepper, sea salt and pepper to taste. Toss the mixture and allow shrimp to become fully cooked.*Add more olive oil if necessary (or chicken stock) Drain the cooked pasta and toss the pasta with the shrimp and spinach saute.*Add additional olive oil or stock if its too dry
Serve immediately with grated Romano cheese.
Calories: 872kcal | Carbohydrates: 118g | Protein: 55g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 381mg | Sodium: 1214mg | Potassium: 986mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 2815IU | Vitamin C: 18mg | Calcium: 286mg | Iron: 6.6mg