Blood Orange Pecan Muffins
For a delicious change from blueberry muffins, my blood orange muffin is a delicious way to start your day. FYI- this recipe also works great with blueberries!
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup Greek yogurt no fat Chobani blood orange vanilla or plain
- ½ cup oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 blood orange Zest and a good squeeze of juice grated
- 2 ½ cups chopped blood orange segments
- 1 cup pecans - roughly chopped
- raw sugar to sprinkle on tops of muffins before baking
Mix all your dry ingredients together in one bowl.
Lightly beat the eggs and add in the Greek yogurt, oil, blood orange zest and juice from the blood orange
Mix all these ingredients until well blended.
Add wet mixture to dry mixture and mix just enough to blend.
Now fold in the blood orange segments and pecans into the muffin mix. (do not overmix; it will make the muffins tough)
Divide mix into your favorite muffin pan or cups and sprinkle tops with raw sugar before baking.
Bake at 375 degrees F for 18 -22 minutes.
Yields 12 regular muffins
Calories: 538kcal | Carbohydrates: 54g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 32g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 55mg | Sodium: 314mg | Potassium: 290mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 26g | Vitamin A: 275IU | Vitamin C: 42.8mg | Calcium: 94mg | Iron: 2.2mg