Banana Crumb Cake with cinnamon pecans and chocolate chips
Perfect for breakfast, brunch or dessert this banana crumb cake is sure to please! Serve it up with a tall glass of milk or a hot cup of coffee and you'll have some happy people at your table.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time25 mins
Total Time35 mins
- 1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour 180 g
- 1/2 cup sugar 100 g
- 1/2 teaspoon salt 2.5 g
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder 2.5 g
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda 2.5 g
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt 110 g, vanilla or plain
- 1/2 cup oil 120 ml
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla powder 15 g, or extract
- 3-4 small bananas mashed very well
- 1 cup of chocolate chips 180 g
- 1 cup of cinnamon pecan pieces 150 g, or regular pecan pieces
- 3/4 cup of flour 90 g
- 3/4 cup of sugar 150 g
- 1 tsp . cinnamon 5 g
- 3 Tbsp softened butter 45 g
- 1 Tbsp water if necessary 15 ml
Mix all your dry ingredients together in one bowl.
Lightly beat the eggs and add in the Greek yogurt, and oil
Mix all these ingredients until well blended.
Mash bananas to a puree consistency and mix into wet ingredients
Add wet mixture to dry mixture and mix just enough to blend.
Now fold in the pecans and chocolate chips. (do not overmix)
Pour cake batter into a prepared 9 or 10 inch springform pan.
Mix flour, sugar and cinnamon together
Work in softened butter to a crumb consistency
(If mixture appears to dry or not crumbly enough add in the water)
Top cake with crumb mixture and place on the center rack of the oven.
Bake at 375 degrees F (190 C) for 25-30 minutes.
Allow Cake to cool for 5 minutes then carefully remove the outside of the springform pan.
When cool enough to eat, enjoy!
Calories: 545kcal | Carbohydrates: 69g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 45mg | Sodium: 231mg | Potassium: 247mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 41g | Vitamin A: 225IU | Vitamin C: 3.3mg | Calcium: 63mg | Iron: 2.1mg