If you're looking for a delicious and fun cookie for your next Halloween party, this cookie is the perfect choice!
Halloween Sugar Cookie Recipe:
This is a wonderful activity to get the kids involved in Halloween baking. It also makes a delicious treat for the office party. Believe me when I tell you that adults turn into kids anytime you mention Halloween or cookies!
Oh, the weather outside is frightful, but not the normal frightful for Halloween, with Ghosts, Ghouls and Zombies! This weekend the East Coast got hit with a pre-Halloween snow storm, that blanketed the area with as much as 12 inches of snow! Luckily in our little pocket east of Philadelphia, we only had a dusting. Of course, we also had freezing rain, hail, sleet, and lots of rain with temperatures dropping below freezing, even if ever so briefly……sigh
The sun did come out today and we had blue skies all day long with temps in the mid-thirties. Halloween is looking clear but cold, but at least the kids will be able to trick or treat without umbrella’s and raincoats!
Our part of town has never been a big trick or treat area, not that we’re secluded, but for some reason, they just don’t make it down our street, but just in case we have candy for any who do come knocking. Lisa is not allowed to celebrate Halloween with her students at school, not even with stories of the season……how sad that some people have to ruin holidays for everyone.
So in protest of this politically driven assault on our rights, I decided to make something festive for Lisa to share with the other teachers she eats with! I saw this Cookie pizza on the cover of a Pillsbury magazine and thought it would be the perfect treat to send into school with her for Halloween. I hope her friends have as much fun eating it as I did making it!
If you enjoyed this recipe you may also like these:
Halloween Sugar Cookie
Large Sugar Cookie
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter softened, 1 stick
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 ounce package cream cheese softened, 8-
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup assorted candy corn
Large Sugar Cookie
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a 9-10 inch round tart pan or a small pizza pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In the bowl of your mixer, cream together the butter and sugars until smooth. Add in the egg and vanilla and mix until incorporated.
- Slowly incorporate the flour mixture into the creamed butter and mix until blended.
- Remove the dough from the bowl and press into the prepared pan. (use an offset spatula to spread evenly)*
- Bake until the edges just start to brown, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.
- In the bowl of your mixer, beat the cream cheese, Peanut butter, sugar, vanilla,and salt until smooth.
- Spread evenly on the cooled crust, using an offset spatula. Leave a small edge un-iced to resemble a pizza crust.
- Top with festive candy corn and candy pumpkins or other treats of your choice.