I love trying new things, especially when it’s a new easy slow cooker recipe, and it makes cooking dinner faster, and easier than before. And while I don’t usually buy prepackaged sauces, I had a chance to try Sweet Korean Barbecue slow cooker sauce from Campbell’s. They were looking for a chef’s perspective and I was more than happy to oblige.
The sauces come in six varieties so you can cook up a whole lot of deliciousness for your next Tailgate Party!
- Tavern Style Pot Roast
- Apple Bourbon Pulled Pork
- Beef Stew
- Southern BBQ
- Sweet Korean BBQ
- Hawaiian Pork
Did you know that Campbell’s Slow Cooker sauces are awesome for game day gatherings with friends? Meals with Campbell’s Slow Cooker sauces are delicious and so easy to make. Just 5 minutes of prep time is all it takes. Take the Game Day Great, Every Day Easy Challenge and experience it for yourself.
I love my slow cooker, not only does it free me up from the kitchen but the slow cooking process does a great job of cooking this recipe and many more!
Making this dish couldn’t have been easier. Of course being a chef I had to add my own little twist to the recipe by seasoning the pork and adding chopped onions, limes and oranges to the slow cooker. Depending upon the type of roast you use, your creation can be ready in 4-6 hours on high heat or 8 hours on low. The slow cooker frees up your day to work on the house or do a little shopping before the main event. What could be easier?
You can use flour tortillas or corn tortillas for my Korean Inspired Pork Street Tacos. Or better yet set up a taco station with both kinds of tortillas and any additional toppings you may care to add. Make game day a very happy day at your house with Campbell’s Sauces
Serve up these flavorful Street Tacos with your favorite sides, like my Korean Style Slaw and my Black Beans and Rice. Be creative and have fun mixing and matching flavors creating your own special brand of fusion street tacos. Just remember “Campbell’s – Made for Real, Real Life” .
- 3 dozen tortillas corn or flour
- 1 cup Cheese your favorite
- Sriracha or your favorite hot sauce
- lime wedges for garnish
- chopped cilantro for garnish
- 4 lbs . pork shoulder
- 1 onion diced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 2 limes sliced
- 1 in orange sliced quarters
- 1 red onion halved and thinly sliced
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 small carrot shredded
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- Pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon chopped cilantro
- 1 cup white rice
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 15 ounces black beans
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Mix together cumin, chili powder, granulated garlic and smoked paprika and rub mixture onto pork roast.
- Place chopped onions, limes and oranges on bottom of slow cooker, add roast and 1 package of Campbell's Korean Sweet Barbecue Sauce. Cook on low heat for 6-7 hours, or until pork is tender
- When pork is fully cooked pull apart using two forks.
- Preheat oven broiler. Line a half sheet pan with parchment paper and arrange pork in a single layer.
- Place underneath broiler until tips of pork are browned and slightly crisp, about 3-5 minutes. (.
- Add cabbage, sliced onions, and carrots into a large bowl. Pour enough boiling water over them to fully cover. Leave covered for 10 seconds, then drain completely.
- Heat vinegar, lime juice, ⅛ cup sugar, chili flakes and salt in small saucepan over medium heat until sugar has dissolved, about 2 minutes.
- Taste for sweetness and add more sugar as needed.
- Pour vinegar mixture over cabbage-onion mixture.
- Add soy sauce and cilantro and mix well.
- Allow to stand at room temperature, until fully cooled. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours and up to 2 weeks.
- Cook rice in two cups of chicken stock on stove top, bring to a light boil then turn heat to simmer and allow to finish cooking
- Rinse black beans and add them to cooked rice with hot sauce.
- Season with sea salt and black pepper to taste.
Campbell’s is doing a month long promotion that features a Recipe Playbook Generator. Click on the link to learn more about the promotion and get a coupon!