When it's time to make an easy and delicious dessert for your family, make sure to check out this recipe for Pineapple Upside Down Cake. Your family will be glad you did,
How to make Pineapple Upside Down Cake
If you’ve never had a Pineapple Upside Down Cake, you don’t know what you’re missing. And when its good its OMG good!
This is my wife’s favorite cake so you know I make it on a regular basis. It’s really easy to make and using fresh pineapples really kicks it up a notch. Of course, you can use canned pineapples if fresh is not available.
This cake is absolutely incredible warm, but even cold out of the refrigerator the next day it was pretty darn good! The density of the cake will just amaze you, along with the subtle flavors of the cake next to the sweetness of the topping and the tart-sweet pineapple…sigh
This is definitely a classic. A cake that everyone should remember because it’s just that good!
If you love a good cake recipe you might also like these recipes:
- Pineapple Butter Cake
- Italian Cannoli Pound Cake
- Chocolate Mousse Cake
- Meyer Lemon Pistachio Pound Cake
Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- 2 cups butter softened
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar packed
- 1 pineapple cut slices without the core
- 1/4 cup blueberries or maraschino cherries
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup milk
- In a saucepan melt 1 cup butter and add in the brown sugar and blend well to incorporate all the melted butter.
- Divide the mixture between two 9' round cake pans, arrange fresh pineapple slices in the pan, you should be able to place 4 slices in the pan, then use sections to fill in the rest of the pan. I used blueberries in the center of the pineapple, you could stay traditional and use maraschino cherries, or even use cranberries.(for a twist sprinkle the topping with chopped pecans)
- In a stand mixer or a large bowl, cream the sugar with the rest of the butter until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time and then the vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in another bowl and blend together well.
- Mix the Greek yogurt and milk together and alternately add in the flour then the yogurt, 1/3 at a time. mixing well after each addition. Divide between the two pans
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Immediately invert onto a serving platter, then allow to cool briefly.