This low-fat healthier version of pasta primavera will be a welcome addition to your weeknight dinner options.
It’s no secret that I love Greek Yogurt, so when I got an email from Chobani Yogurt about using their product in a post, I jumped at the chance! I have been using Greek yogurt in my baked goods for some time now, replacing the evil sour cream with a healthy alternative, so this was a no brainer for me!So when Chobani called I made muffins, not only muffins but Very Berry Muffins!!
1 1/2 Cup of All Purpose Flour
1/2 Cup Sugar
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 Cup Chobani Low Fat Greek Yogurt (vanilla or plain)
1/2 Cup Oil
2 Large Eggs
1 Tablespoon Vanilla
1 Lemon Zest(grated) and a good squeeze of juice
Raw Sugar to sprinkle on tops of Muffins before baking
Lightly beat the eggs and add in the Chobani Yogurt, oil, vanilla, and lemon, and juice from the lemon.
Add wet mixture to dry mixture and mix just enough to blend.
This will yield 6 large muffins or 12 small muffins
Now of course you know that I just couldn’t make muffins and be happy. So I started thinking about what else I could make with that incredible delicious Chobani Greek YogurtDo you know they sent me Pineapple Yogurt, have you ever had Pineapple yogurt……I would have made something out of it, If I hadn’t devoured it immediately upon opening! So there are no wonderful Pineapple recipes…..sigh….not yet anyway.
I actually knew right away what I wanted to make, I have been using Greek Yogurt as a partial replacement for Cream in some of my pasta sauces but I was only replacing half the cream……..this time I would replace it all.
My wife loves fettuccine Alfredo, and of course we need to eat more vegetables so I created a Greek Yogurt Pasta Primavera.
- 1 lb linguine or fettuccine cooked per box instructions
- 1 cup zucchini cut into small spears
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 cup yellow squash cut into small spears
- 1 cup Broccoli small head
- 1 cup mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 cup red pepper cut into strips
- 1 cup snap pea pods
- 1 cup carrots peeled and sliced on an angle
- 2 cloves garlic sliced
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup grated Romano cheese
- 9 oz low fat Plain Greek Yogurt
- Pinch Black Pepper
- Start by getting all of your veggies ready, and feel free to be creative and cut them into different shapes. Pretty food always tastes better and different shapes add a pleasing look to your dish!
- The first thing to do is start your pasta water boiling, and measure out your yogurt and allow it to come to room temperature.
- After prepping your veggies gently sauté them in the olive oil and garlic till they are just barely cooked. Now set them aside to stay warm
- Cook your pasta per the instructions on the box.
- While the pasta is cooking in another sauté pan add your milk and allow it to get very hot
- Add the grated cheese and mix well, turn the heat down to low and allow the mixture to reduce slightly.
- Now here is the only tricky part to the meal, as soon as the pasta is ready put your veggies back on for a quick reheat.
- Drain your pasta
- In a large bowl add your pasta, the Chobani Yogurt and the milk/cheese mixture. Toss this all together to blend well.
- Feel free to add in another handful of grated cheese if you like, season with pepper and plate it into servings or on one large serving platter, then top with your beautiful vegetables!
- Either way you serve this pasta dish, it will definitely make an impression!! Now for the best part, you left out all of the evil heavy cream!! So you can enjoy a wonderful pasta primavera with out any of the guilt!