This salad loaded with crabmeat, shrimp, olives and so much more is a perfect dinner when you're looking for something light and delicious. Make tonight a special occasion.
I haven’t had a Mediterranean Salad in years, but I knew I wanted to make one with this gorgeous crabmeat!
I have seen many variations of this wonderful salad, but this version is what we served at our restaurant, and it was one of the most popular items on the menu. The only thing I left out of my salad was croutons, my wife does not like croutons…..go figure.
The Crabmeat is the star of the show, so make it stand out!
Use your favorite dressing with the salad, a nice vinaigrette is perfect but any dressing that won’t hide the flavor of that glorious crabmeat will work. If you love crabmeat make sure to check out my recipe for crab cakes.
Mediterranean Salad (for two)
- 1/4 lb jumbo lump crabmeat
- 6 Jumbo shrimp cooked Peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup pasta cooked
- 8 grape tomatoes or 1 large tomato cut in wedges
- 8 olives
- 2 stalks celery sliced
- 1 carrot shredded
- 1/4 cup crumbled Feta cheese your favorite cheese can be substituted
- 4 ounces artichoke hearts sliced - optional
- 1 cup homemade croutons optional
- 1 head romaine hearts cleaned and chopped into bite size pieces
- Cook pasta and allow to cool
- Cook shrimp for 5 minutes in boiling water, remove from water and cool quickly with ice of cold water.
- Peel and devein. (shrimp may also be sliced in half long way to give the illusion of more shrimp)
- wash and chop romaine.
- slice celery and shred carrot.
- Build your salad with the romaine base then add in all of your vegetables, pasta and crumbled feta.
- The last thing you should do is place the shrimp and then top with the jumbo lump crabmeat.