If you love peanut butter and chocolate, then my Peanut Butter Pie with a chocolate ganache will make you do a happy dance! It's love at first bite!
How to make the best Peanut Butter Pie-
Since my Toll House Cookie Pie was such a big success, I thought I should post one of my favorite desserts, Peanut Butter Pie!
If you’ve tried my Tollhouse Pie recipe or any other recipe on askchefdennis.com please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on Instagram @chefdenniseats and @chefdennistravels, Twitter and Facebook
Peanut Butter Pie
Graham Cracker Pie Crust
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs about 12 whole graham crackers
- 1/3 cup melted unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 20 oz semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy cream
Peanut Butter Pie
- 3- 8 oz packs of cream cheese
- 3 cups peanut butter-creamy
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 16 oz cool whip or any ready made whipped topping
- 3 cups 10 x sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Melt the butter, and in a large bowl add the melted butter to the sugar and graham crumbs, mix until well blended. (you can do this in the food processor too, just pulse it a few times)
- Press your mixture into a 9 or 10 inch pie pan. Try to make the crust about 1/8 inch evenly all around.
- If the crumb mixture doesn't seem quite wet enough and won't stick where you press them, just add another tablespoon of water to the mix. Spread the crumbs evenly
- It's a good idea to chill the crust for an hour before you bake it, this will help keep the crust from crumbling when served!
- Bake your graham pie crust for 8 to 10 minutes at 375 degrees. Make sure to let the pie crust cool a bit before using. (Double this recipe for two pie shells)
- Now before we start the pie, we need to make a simple chocolate ganache, you can melt the chocolate in a microwave, I don't own a microwave so I use a stainless steel bowl over a sauce pot with about an inch of boiling water in it.
- Add chocolate chips and heavy cream to the top of the double boiler and melt chocolate and blend together with cream. set aside to cool
Begin Assembly of Pie
- Your pie crust should be cooled and now you want to add a few spoonfuls of your chocolate ganache into the bottom of the pie shell and smooth it around until you have an even coating over the bottom of the graham cracker pie shell. Place the shells into the freezer or refrigerator so the chocolate can set up.
Peanut Butter Pie filling
- Beat cream cheese using the paddle attachment of your mixer until soft, add peanut butter and mix well.
- Add melted butter and slowly add 10x sugar.
- Add cool whip and blend well.
- At this point the chocolate in your graham pie shells should be set up.
- Divide your peanut butter mixture between the two pie shells and smooth it with a spatula.
- Top the pie with more of your chocolate ganache, use enough to cover the top of your pie completely (or you can leave a little bit showing as a tease).
- Refrigerate at least one hour to allow it to set up.
- This pie does freeze rather nicely and its a nice surprise to pull our of the freezer. Just make sure to let the chocolate freeze before wrapping it in plastic wrap!