You'll love these light and delicious zucchini blossoms stuffed with cannoli cream and dipped in rich chocolate for a taste of winter in the summer
Cannoli Blossoms are a great way to enjoy the harvest of summer and the taste of winter. These tender blossoms stuffed with cannoli cream and dipped in chocolate are a delight and so easy to make.
Last year as many of you remember I had a slight problem with zucchini blossoms, oh how I love my precious…..sigh. and I am lucky enough to find them every week in my local
And I am lucky enough to find them every week in my local farmers market in Collingswood. While I have been testing new recipes and pushing the limits, some that I created last year are just too good not to recreate and share with you once again.
Last year I debuted my Cannoli Blossoms and since we’re celebrating I thought what better way than a sweet treat with my trademark squash blossoms. I do hope you can find my precious, and get to try these lovelies, I promise they will make quite an impression when you serve them to your friends and family!
If you enjoyed this recipe you may also like these:
- Stuffed Zucchini Blossoms
- Mexican Style Blossom Enchiladas
- Butternut Squash Stuffed Blossoms rolled in Pistachios
- Feta Stuffed Zucchini Blossoms
- 12 Zucchini Blossoms
- 1/2 Cup Mascarpone
- 1 Cup Ricotta Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Super Fine Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Lime Zest
- 1 Vanilla Bean (scraped)
- 1 Tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup Semi Sweet Chocolate (chopped into small bits)
- 8 oz Bitter Sweet Chocolate (cut into small pieces to melt)
- Blend mascarpone, ricotta, and superfine sugar in the bowl of your mixer.
- Add lime zest, vanilla, and vanilla bean. Mix well
- add in chocolate bits. (mini chocolate chips may be substituted)
- place finished cannoli cream into pastry bag and pipe into the center of the zucchini blossom.
- Form blossom around cream and refrigerate for 30 minutes;
- While cannoli blossoms are chilling melt chocolate in a small metal bowl, over a pot of boiling water.
- Keep chocolate warm until the blossoms are ready
- Dip each blossom in the melted chocolate, and place on a baking sheet that has been sprayed with cooking spray(this will make them come off the pan easier)