When life offers you lemons, it's time to make Ice Cream! Lemon Curd and Mascarpone combine to make this oh so creamy Mascarpone Lemon Curd Ice Cream. It's Simply Delicious!
When you want a creamy tart frozen dessert try this Lemon Curd Mascarpone Ice Cream.
It was too hot to turn on my oven, so I decided to flip on my ice cream maker instead. This recipe is completely inspired by my sister. Her favorite flavor is lemon and her wedding cake had the most delectable lemon cake with a delicate lemon mousse filling. So, to celebrate her anniversary, I ate this in her honor (or, at least that’s what I told myself two bowls later!).
I adapted this recipe from Jeni’s Ice Cream base. Her recipe calls for a small amount of cream cheese, but I love the flavor of lemon and mascarpone together, so I used that instead (and added a bit more). A number of ice cream recipes will call for a combination of whole milk and heavy cream, but because of the fat content in mascarpone, I substituted half and half instead. If you want a truly rich, decadent ice cream, feel free to stick with heavy cream—it’s just a bit too rich for me!
Lemon curd on its own packs a delicious tart punch, but here the flavor is mellowed by the rich mascarpone. The texture is creamy without being icy thanks to corn syrup and the flavor is decadent without being too rich. It would be perfect topped with raspberry sauce or crumbled gingersnaps for a pop of flavor. If you need a bit of indulgence, give the recipe a try!
If you’ve tried this Lemon Curd Mascarpone Ice Cream recipe or any other recipe on askchefdennis.com please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on Instagram @chefdenniseats and @chefdennistravels, Twitter and Facebook.
You might also like my Clementine Gelato Recipe.
Lemon Curd Mascarpone Ice Cream Recipe
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 1/2 Tbsp . cornstarch
- 1 cups ¼ half and half
- 2 Tbsp light corn syrup
- tsp ¼ salt
- 4 oz mascarpone cheese room temperature
- 1 cup lemon curd
- Prepare an ice bath in a large bowl.
- Make a slurry by combining the cornstarch with ¼ cup of the whole milk. Set aside.
- In a 4 qt saucepan, whisk half and half, corn syrup, remaining whole milk and salt. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook for 4 minutes.
- Stir cornstarch slurry into boiling milk mixture.
- Return to a boil and cook until the mixture is thickened, approximately 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Place mascarpone in a bowl. Whisk to soften.
- Slowly pour hot milk mixture into the bowl with mascarpone, whisking vigorously to break up any lumps.
- Place bowl over ice bath to chill.
- Once chilled, pour into ice cream maker and process according to your ice cream maker’s instructions.
- Once the ice cream pulls away from the sides of the machine, add in lemon curd. Churn until no yellow streaks remain.
- Transfer ice cream into a storage container and freeze until set, about 3-4 hours.
- Before serving, let ice cream sit for a few minutes to soften. Enjoy!