Make my quick and easy Jarlsberg Chicken in your kitchen tonight and spice up your weeknight meals. Your family will love this tasty restaurant style dish!
Serve up my Jarlsberg Chicken and bring some smiles to your table!
Weeknight meals just got a little more interesting with my Jarlsberg Chicken Recipe! Just a few ingredients to pull together and you’ve got a delicious dish on your table in minutes! I promise you won’t hear your family say “Chicken Again?”
This easy to prepare dish can be on your table in less time than ordering and picking up take out and best of all you get to control what goes in the food your eating!
Using precooked chicken strips or chicken breasts makes this dinner quick and easy to put together! Of course, you can always use raw chicken and grill, saute or bake it for this dish. The same goes for the bacon, there are some great brands of precooked bacon on the market and that would make this dinner even faster to prepare!
Cooking your bacon in the oven is one of the best tips I’ll ever share. I haven’t made bacon on the stove for decades! Not only does it cook up the bacon evenly, it also keeps that bacon smell (you love or hate) from taking over your house!
Start cooking the bacon while you’re heating up your chicken then move on to the topping. It’s Just a few minutes in a sauté pan for the mushrooms and tomatoes, bringing everything together in a baking dish. Top with cheese and back in the oven for a few minutes to melt the cheese, and dinner is served!
See how easy it is to put together this restaurant-style dinner in your kitchen?
My Jarlsberg Chicken is a delicious way to change up your boring weeknight meals. And feel free to adjust the toppings. It’s really that easy to be creative in your kitchen. Use any of your favorite vegetables and cheese to add variety to this easy to make dish.
If you like this recipe you’re going to love these:
- Skillet Chicken Gumbo
- Dry Rub Chicken Wings
- Chicken Marsala
- Buffalo Chicken Tacos
- Chicken Parmesan & Chicken Neopolitan
- 16 breaded chicken strips or breasts Raw chicken can be substituted and cooked by your method of choice.
- 2 tomatoes sliced
- 8 slices bacon cooked
- 1 cup mushrooms sliced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 8 slices Jarlsberg cheese
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- chopped parsley to garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Place raw bacon on a foil-lined baking sheet pan and cook for 15-18 minutes (or until fully cooked) *make sure the baking pan will not let the grease from the bacon drip off the pan!
- Place chicken in another baking dish and place in the oven for 15 minutes while the bacon is cooking.
- While bacon and chicken are cooking, heat a saute pan.
- Add a little olive oil to the pan and saute mushrooms for 3-4 minutes until done.
- Add tomato slices to the pan and saute for just 30 seconds. Season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Add chicken stock to the pan and remove from heat.
- Arrange chicken strips on a baking dish and top with tomato slices, bacon and a few mushrooms.
- Place cheese slices on top of everything.
- Add remaining mushrooms and chicken stock to baking dish.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes or until cheese fully melted.
- Serve with your favorite side dishes and enjoy!