I love blending flavors together and my Fusion Street Tacos will take you to another level of deliciousness!
If you’re looking for a sure fire way to add some excitement to your next taco night or any weeknight, try my Fusion Street Tacos. The flavor combinations will keep you coming back for more!
I was recently asked by the nice folks at NatureRaised Farms® and Alexia® to combine a few of my favorite ingredients and come up with something imaginative and delicious for a wholesome family meal. That meant using fresh and natural ingredients creating my Farm to Flavor Fusion Street Tacos.
Luckily living in the Orlando area, I have access to every store known to man and then some. But I do have my personal favorites and Target is on that short list. I love shopping at my local SuperTarget! It’s one-stop shopping with everything I need in one convenient location.
Whenever I begin creating a dish, I start gathering my ingredients together creating my Mise en Place (translated to everything in its place). It makes me feel better having all my ingredients ready and a little more professional when I start cooking. It really is a good step to start incorporating into your cooking, it makes cooking just a little more fun!
My Fusion Street Tacos are really pretty simple to make and require just a handful of ingredients. But the results will make you think your dining in one of those new trendy fusion restaurants. Only without the wait for reservations and attitude….lol.
It’s a few easy steps to make the salsa, then it’s just heating up everything else. Easy Peasy for very little clean up!
And then the deliciousness begins to happen. The sweet heat of the chili sauce combined with the bleu cheese brings everything together, blending a symphony of flavors in that lovely little flour tortilla……sigh. My Fusion Street Tacos truly were delicious and I hate to tell you, but I ate all four of them along with a good portion of the ingredients left over. When something tastes that good it’s just too hard to resist.
So make sure you have plenty of ingredients on hand, whether it’s a weeknight dinner or a weekend sports party. The last thing you want to tell your family and friends is that you ran out!
If you’ve tried my Fusion Street Tacos or any other recipe on askchefdennis.com please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on Instagram @chefdenniseats and @chefdennistravels, Twitter and Facebook
Fusion Street Tacos
- 2 12 ounce bags NatureRaised Farms® Southern Style Chicken Strips
- 1 bag Alexia® Sweet Potato Fries
- 1 cup sweet chili sauce
- 1 cup pineapple finely diced
- 1 cup cantaloupe or mango finely diced
- 1/2 red onion finely diced
- 1 tbsp cilantro finely diced
- 1 cup bleu cheese crumbles
- 20 small flour tortillas
- preheat oven to 400 degrees
- place finely diced pineapple, cantaloupe, red onion and cilantro in a bowl and mix well. Add a squeeze of lime and a pinch of sea salt and mix well. Place in the refrigerator until serving.
- place sweet potato fries and chicken on cookie sheet and bake for 16-18 minutes. Remove chicken from pan.
- Cut chicken in chunks and drizzle the sweet chili sauce over the pieces. Return chicken to cookie sheet and continue baking along with fries for 10 minutes longer.
- While chicken and fries are heating begin heating the flour tortillas on a griddle, keeping them warm in clean towel until ready to use.
- Gather all your ingredients in bowls and let everyone have fun building the fusion street tacos.