The holidays are made for desserts and these Dark Chocolate Peppermint Bark Brownies using Ghirardelli peppermint bark will have your friends and family in the holiday spirit!
My name is Lindsey and my blog is Gingerbread Bagels. I’m a huge lover of all things sweet and a big believer is using tons of butter, sugar, and throwing everything and anything decadent into desserts. Basically I bake anything that’ll put you in a sugar coma!
While in San Francisco, I stumbled upon a Ghirardelli store and of course, you KNOW I ran right in. Immediately I laid eyes on the new glorious dark chocolate peppermint bark.
So when it came time to decide on ONE recipe, I stayed true to my blog and made an incredibly decadent recipe. Here I present to you, Dark Chocolate Peppermint Bark Brownies!
Let’s get bakin’ some pure Peppermint Bark love.
First sift together 1 1/2 cups of flour, 1 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder and 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt. Set aside
Now in a large mixing bowl, throw in 1 cup of melted unsalted butter, 1 1/2 cups of packed light brown sugar, 1 1/2 cups of sugar and 1 1/2 Tablespoon of vanilla extract.
Mix it up! It should look somewhat like this once it’s all mixed up.
Add in 4 large eggs, one at a time.
Slowly and I really mean slowly, add in the dry ingredients. Don’t put it on high speed because if you do, you’ll look like you were in a cocoa powder tornado.
Then using a spatula scrape down the sides of the bowl, mixing everything together.
The completed batter should look like this.
Take 1 1/2 large Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate Peppermint Bars and chop them up into pieces. Make sure you don’t chop them up into too small of pieces. We want to see and taste the dark chocolate peppermint bark!
And if you can’t find the large bars, you can use about 12 individual squares. Regular peppermint bark will work just fine if dark chocolate peppermint bark is nowhere to be found!
Now throw it in. And using a spatula/mixing spoon, fold the dark chocolate peppermint bark pieces into the brownie batter.
In a lightly greased 9 by 12 baking pan, spread the brownie batter evenly. Oh my word, I could seriously just eat that right now. But I’ll wait and I suggest you do too!
Bake the Brownies at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
While the brownies are baking, unwrap 12 individual dark chocolate peppermint bark squares. You will use these to place on top of the brownies. Unwrap another and eat it while you’re waiting.
Once the brownies are done baking, cool them almost completely on a cooling rack. When the brownies are almost cool, lightly press each dark chocolate peppermint bark square into the brownies.
If you love Chocolate you may also enjoy these recipes:
- Chocolate Cheesecake Bars
- Chocolate Mousse Cake
- Chocolate Fudge Cake
- Chocolate Mousse ( the real stuff)
Dark Chocolate Peppermint Bark Brownies
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter melted
- 4 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 large Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate Peppermint Bark Bars
- 12 individual Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate Peppermint Bark squares
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease an 9 by 12 baking pan. Set aside.
- Sift together 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder and 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl with the paddle attachment (a handheld mixer works fine) mix together 1 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar, 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar, 1 cup melted unsalted butter (that's been cooled) and 1 1/2 Tablespoons of vanilla extract. Mix until completely combined.
- Add in 4 large eggs, one at a time. Let each one incorporate before adding the next one.
- Slowly add in the dry ingredients. Mix until almost combined.
- Take a spatula/mixing spoon and fold the ingredients together. Set aside.
- Chop 1 1/2 large Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate Peppermint Bark bars into pieces. Don't chop the chocolate into too small of pieces. Throw the chocolate pieces into the brownie batter.
- Using a spatula/mixing spoon, fold the chocolate pieces into the brownie batter.
- Spread evenly into the baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Once the brownies are done, cool them on a cooling rack until almost completely cool.
- While the brownies are cooling, unwrap 12 individual Ghirardelli dark chocolate peppermint bark squares.
- Then lightly press the individual square into the brownies when the brownies are almost cool. If you press them in while they're still really warm, the chocolate will melt too much.
- Cut into squares and enjoy!