Simply too delicious to describe, these cranberry sauce muffins will amaze your family and friends with their better than bakery flavor!
I sent these cranberry sauce muffins home to a friend. She shared them with her family, and her husband thought she was lying when she said they weren’t from a bakery. he said they were amazing, far better than a bakery muffin. His words. Not mine.
So if I ever get the chance to sit down with you for brunch, we’re gonna have ourselves some muffins! And then cake.
Or possibly these Blueberry Muesli muffins, they’re OMG delicious too!
cranberry sauce muffins
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sour cream I used low fat
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup cranberry sauce I used homemade chunky sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a muffin pan (of mini bundt pan) with non stick spray. Or use muffins liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the vegetable oil, sugar, sour cream, milk, eggs, and vanilla. Whisk in baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Whisk in flours until just combined (batter is pretty thick).
- Fill the muffin cups with the batter, then spoon about 1 tbsp of your cranberry sauce over the batter.
- Bake muffins for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool muffins in the pan for about 5 minutes, then finish cooling on a wire rack.
- *Store the muffins in an airtight container on the counter for up to 3 days.