You'll love the blend of chocolate chips, peanut butter chips and pretzels in this delicious Peanut Butter Pretzel Blondie with chocolate chips. It's oh so delicious and easy to make!
Try my Peanut Butter Pretzel Blondies and get ready for deliciousness!
I was sitting home the other night and just had this craving for something sweet, and remembered seeing a recipe for a pretzel blondie in a copy of Southern Living (another great magazine, but being a southern boy, what would you expect me to say).
Those blondies aka cookie bars were just screaming to me, bites of crisp pretzels baked into that lovely cookie base, with pieces of semi-sweet chocolate and those lovely peanut butter chips…..sigh
Thankfully I don’t get into these moods often, but this one was raging, I opened up my pantry and pulled out ever bag of chips and nuts that were in their……luckily I stopped myself just in time, with the perfect combination of flavors. Now they were just a tad bit sweet and just a little bit rich, so they were to be eaten in moderation, or consumed with a glass of milk, or a hearty cup of espresso…sigh…..they were a beautiful thing…….perhaps almost legendary.
You can see from the picture that I left them a little on the gooey side, I would like to tell you I did this on purpose, but alas in my excited state, my mouth deemed that they were ready as my brain said “no you fool they need another 10 minutes”!!! Of course as unfortunate as it may be (just ask Lisa) my mouth usually wins over my brain.
But mistake or (perhaps) not, those ooey gooey blondies were decadent and worth every calorie! If you do make them, feel free to cut back on the chips or even (gasp) eliminate the peanut butter chips, they will be every bit as good without them.
If you enjoyed this recipe you may like these:
- Chocolate Cheesecake Bars
- Insanely Delicious Triple Chocolate Brownies.
- Ooey Gooey Black Bottom Praline Brownie
- Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars
Peanut Butter Pretzel Blondies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 6 oz unsalted butter 1 1/2 sticks- softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 6 oz semi sweet chocolate chips
- 6 oz peanut butter chips
- 1 ½ cups pretzels broken into small pieces
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Prepare a 9×13 pan by lining it with either foil or parchment paper, leaving an overhang on each side so you can lift out the blondies
- In a bowl mix the flour, baking soda and salt.
- In your mixer, beat the butter and sugars at medium speed until light and fluffy (2-3 minutes)
- Beat in the eggs one at a time then add the vanilla extract.
- On low speed, beat in the dry ingredients just until incorporated, do not overmix!
- Stir in the chocolate chips, peanut butter chips and pretzels.
- Spread the batter evenly in the pan and press it down evenly with a spatula.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until golden brown.
- Transfer the pan to a rack and cool for about 10 minutes, then lift out of the pan and continue cooling on wire rack.
- Slice into small bars and enjoy!