For those of you that haven’t experienced Google plus, you don’t know what you’re missing! It’s a great place to make new friends and find an endless supply of inspiration for the kitchen. G+ is a photo driven community, built specifically to showcase beautiful images. Now granted, all the images you’ll find on G+ may not be food, but with over 1100 food bloggers in my community after only 10 weeks of existence, I’m sure you’ll find more delicious dishes in one place than you would have ever thought possible. It seems we food bloggers have finally found our new home
I’ve made so many new friends on G+ with a good number of them being food bloggers. And today it’s my pleasure to introduce you to yet another of my very talented new friends from G+, Amy from A Healthy Life For Me.
If you’ve never been to Amy’s blog you are in for such a treat! Not only will Amy tempt you with her delicious creations, but you’ll find yourself constantly hitting your head on the computer screen trying to get to those tasty treats as she tempts you with her beautiful imagery! But that’s not all you’ll find at a A Healthy Life For Me , because not only is Amy a talented cook and photographer, rumor has it shes becoming quite a Bee Keeper and Chicken Farmer, and lets not forget about her gardening.
You’re going to love what you find when you visit Amy’s blog, just be prepared to stay awhile…..in fact bring a cup of coffee and a notepad, and say hello to a new friend as I give you……
A Healthy Life For Me
I think I am on a desert binge. I am not sure if it’s because of Valentines Day or the cold weather, but we have had a plethora of deserts around here lately and it needs to stop. I always try to give as many of my deserts away to my friends and neighbors so that I don’t have a house full of sweets, but geesh my friends have been saying “Thanks” with a bit of a strain to their voice. Right now this Pineapple Coconut cake sits on my counter in a cake stand, my Lemon Cupcakes are in the refrigerator and my White Chocolate M&M cookies are bagged up very sweetly waiting to be dropped off to a new homes.
Whatever it is that has me on my binge, I have been coming up with some delectable sweet recipes lately. This cake is loaded with a crushed pineapple and sweet shredded coconut and the icing, OH-MY white chocolate cream cheese. Enough said. This cake is a dense monster! I think it must way a few pounds, so a little goes a long way.
While I was coming up with the recipe I was trying to decide if how many eggs and if I was going to add milk to the recipe, and my husband was sitting at the counter giving me his running commentary, no that’s too many eggs. Just add zucchini….WHAT? I don’t know where that came from? Then when it came time to make the icing, he got up to look into the mixer. Oh yea that cream cheese and butter had him worried. “Isn’t that a lot of cream cheese and butter?” he asked. I nudged him away and sent him into the family room to watch a movie. A few hours later, guess who showed up to check out the cake with too many eggs and too much cream cheese? Uh-huh and guess who was right with the eggs, and all that cream cheese? Me, thats right!
But seriously there still is a few slices of cake that must be sent to a new home tomorrow. Like I said I am running out of friends…anyone out there want to be friends?
I wanted to say a quick and sincere “Thank You” to Chef Dennis for allowing me to be a guest blogger today. I met the Chef through Google + and he is such a generous and helpful voice to all of us food bloggers who are trying to muddle through the overwhelming amount of information that we have thrown at us daily. You are truly appreciated.
If you are interested in checking out any of my other recipes, gardening tips or stories of my backyard chickens, please come over and visit me on my blog, A Healthy Life For Me. You can also follow me on Facebook @ http://www.facebook.com/ahealthylifeforme
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1-cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon DAVE’s syrup or Vanilla
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1-teaspoon baking soda
- 1-teaspoon baking powder
- 1-teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 20-ounce can crushed pineapple, drained
- ¼ cup diced pecans
- ¾ cup sweetened shredded coconut
- ½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 -8 ounce container cream cheese, room temperature
- ¼ cup white chocolate chips, melted
- 1-teaspoon vanilla extract or DAVE’s vanilla and coffee syrup
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1-cup confectioners sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a spring form pan with baking spray or coat with butter and dusting of flour.
- In a mixer add oil, sugar and eggs and vanilla or DAVE’s syrup beat to combine.
- In a medium bowl add all-purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Add flour mixture to oil and sugar mixture, blend until just combined.
- Add pineapple, pecans and coconut.
- Stir until just blended.
- Pour into pan and bake for one hour to one hour five minutes.
- If cake starts to brown too much on top, cover with a piece of foil.
- Set out on wire rack and remove side of pan to cool completely before frosting
- In a small bowl place white chocolate in microwave for one minute, to soften
- In a food processor blend cream cheese, butter and white chocolate.
- Add vanilla or DAVE’s syrup, vanilla extract and pulse to blend.
- Add confectioners sugar and process until completely blended.
- Remove bottom of pan from cake and place cake on cake stand or plate.
- Place frosting on top of cake and with an off set spatula start spreading outward on top of cake continue over to the sides, turning plate as you spread the frosting on sides of cake.
Wow, thanks for such a delicious guest post, Amy! Pineapple and coconut are two of my favorite flavors, add in those pecans and cream cheese frosting and I’m in heaven…..sigh
Now before you forget, head on over to A Healthy Life For Me and say hi to Amy, just make sure to tell her Chef Dennis sent you. And if your not on G+, sign up today and make sure to look me up so I can add you to my circles.
Stay Safe and Stay Warm, and have a wonderful weekend my friends, see you all real soon.