Zucchini Pops and Steak Scampi

Well I did it again, the farmer’s market called to me, whispered through the wind, beckoning me……come hither Chef Dennis…..Now, let me tell you that if I ever heard the wind calling come hither to me my first thought would be that somebody slipped something into my brownies…….sigh…..but seriously, this time of year my first thought Saturday morning after my coffee of course is that the farmer’s market is open!!!!  Yeah!!!!!  And then I wonder what new and wonderful things I might find.  Well this week I got a surprise!  While paying homage to the zucchini blossoms (we eat zucchini blossoms just about every week, while we can get them) I spied something new……could it be……oh no I must be seeing things…..but yes it was true.  I don’t even what to call them, but a wonder of nature.  And here my friends they are.

As I stood there transfixed by those gorgeous zucchini blossoms atop those sweet little baby squash, I realized I must have them!! Before I knew it I had became Gollum from Lord of the Rings……Must have my precious, those lovelies are mine!!!……….luckily they had more in the back, it could have gotten ugly if someone else had try to buy them ……
So off I went happy as could be, my treasure in tow!   I did buy quite a bit of other goodies,  Nectarines, Peaches and Plums…..oh my!  Mushrooms, herbs, fresh cage free eggs, lemons, and limes.  Why are lemons so expensive at the store, I just don’t know.  These big juicy lemons were only three for a dollar!
I got some regular blossoms too, I usually get 20 to stuff with my ricotta blend,  and when I asked for some fresh blossoms  from the truck he asked if I wanted the whole bunch for $5.00 (one dollar more than than I would have payed for 20 ) what could I say but yes!!
Now I couldn’t just stuff my precious with the same ricotta cheese mix, Oh No, something special my precious deserves……mmmmmm……..crab meat.   Not just crab meat, fresh lumps of blue claw crab meat blended with marscapone, and lightly seasoned……..that was an  ahhhhh  moment.  Now as luck would have it I had shopped that morning and had already purchased a pound of fresh Maryland Blue Claw jumbo lump, it was a sign from heaven above, (make them and they shall come).  So home I went salivating at the prospect of my new creation!  I kept the batter the same, it turns out that my wife does not like the lighter batter, so who am I to argue.

They really turned out well, I probably could have used more crab meat and less mascarpone, but they were light and delicious (and I had other plans for that crab meat).

Crabmeat Stuffing
2 ounces of crabmeat
2 ounces of Mascarpone (cream cheese may be used instead)
1 egg lightly whipped
salt and pepper to taste
pinch of sugar (just a hint of sweetness)
pinch of old bay (not to much just a hint for flavor)

blend everything together and use a pastry bag (or baggie with the end snipped off to pipe the mixture into your flowers.  Lightly batter and sauté till golden brown (1-2 minutes per side), these may be held in a 200 degree oven till you are ready to serve everything…Normally I serve my zucchini blossoms room temperature, but if you like them warmer then hold them in the oven.

Flower Batter
2 eggs whipped
1/4 cup of flour
1/4 cup of Grated Romano Cheese
black pepper to taste
1 Tablespoon chopped basil
mix all your ingredients together it should be the consistency of pancake batter, add more flour if yours is too thin.

Every now and then I would mention a special dish that I would make when I was a restaurant chef, and it always elicited the same response…”you never made that for me”.   So as a surprise I was making Steak Scampi for dinner for my carnivorous better half, (I don’t eat beef, so I had a chicken burger), this was why I bought the crab meat.  I had a gorgeous little porterhouse that would be perfect for this dish (just a regular sirloin is fine, or if you want to kick it up do fillet medallions).   So I got my steak out to let it come to room temperature before cooking, I wanted the steak to be nice and juicy, fired up the grill, and prepped the ingredients for my steak.  When the meat was ready I seasoned it with a salt and pepper, I put it on the grill to cook.  Then I started my shrimp and crab meat scampi.  When the steak was ready it got topped with my scampi, a little bit of mozzarella cheese and  then under the broiler to let the cheese melt.  Needless to say it was a huge success, the intermingling of all those flavors just danced across the taste buds….I can always tell when its a great success, sometimes you here little moans and other times the knife and fork never stop and there is no conversation……this was one of those moments, she didn’t come up for air till the steak was almost done.  My delicate little flower had eaten with the voracity of a starving lumberjack.  My job was done!

Steak Scampi
14 oz Porterhouse or steak of your choice
2-3 Shrimp depending on size
1 oz  Crab meat
2 oz mushrooms sliced
2  artichoke hearts sliced (canned in brine)
1 Tablespoon of marinara or fresh chopped tomatoes (optional)
1 Teaspoon Fresh Basil or Italian Parsley chopped
1 large Garlic Clove
1 oz shredded Mozzarella cheese
1 Teaspoon Grated Romano Cheese
pinch of black pepper
tablespoon of butter
splash of white wine

Grill your steak to your liking, and while the steak is cooking begin the scampi topping.
In a sauté pan add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and begin to cook your garlic, when it has started to cook through add your mushrooms and shrimp and continue to cook. You want to be careful of overcooking your shrimp, once they are almost completely cooked pull the shrimp from the pan and set aside.  Now add in splash of white wine, marinara, artichoke hearts, grated cheese and black pepper.
Continue to sauté until it has all blended together.  If your sauce looks too thick or starts to separate, add in a little bit of chicken stock or water, add in your crab meat and return the shrimp to the pan and remove from the heat.  Do not over mix, it will break up the crab meat, just gently mix it together.
When your steak is done return your scampi to the stove and reheat adding in your butter at this time (always add the butter in at the end of the sauce so you can taste the flavor it imparts). I then placed my finished steak in my sauté pan and spooned the scampi mixture over the steak and topped it with the shredded mozzarella cheese.   It went under the broiler, sauté pan and all until the cheese had melted (if you don’t have all metal pans using a baking dish or pie plate).   Plate up your steak with a spatula, spooning any of your scampi mix that was left in the sauté pan onto your steak .  Garnish with Parsley or Basil and serve immediately!
Now this is a great dish to make for a larger group, you can get a beautiful Tuscan cut porterhouse, say an inch and a half thick or two inches thick ( just grill it slowly, or even finish it up in the oven), two shrimp per person is good and increase your other ingredients proportionally………when you serve it slice your steak down and include some of the topping, and get ready for a lull in the conversation!

Comments

1. From the Kitchen says:

I'm with you–first thought on Saturday morning–farmers' market and sometimes I just take my coffee along. And, sometimes there are zucchini with blossoms attached. And, oh to have that crab meat!! My first shock in a Chicago fish market was the cost of crab meat. We moved here from Charleston, S.C. where one could take some chicken necks, go out back and get some crab. Before Charleston? Northern Virginia and close to those Maryland Blues!!

Great recipes today, Chef.

Best,
    Bonnie

2. Too much! Too much stuff to comment on! I was going to go all over the blossoms and the cute little squashies with their blossoms, and then I get to the steak WITH scampi. Too much!

3. Wendy Irene says:

Reading your blog makes me very hungry…in a fantastic way! I love your reference to Lord of the Rings! What a great movie! ;-) Have a good day!

4. Betty Ray says:

Steak scampi, steak scampi, steak scampi – oh what I wouldn't give to have that right now. What a beautiful dish!! Yummy.

5. Amy Ricks says:

You had me at "Maryland Blue Crab". Well, you really had me at the farmer's market, squash blossoms, and fruit, but the crab meat really perked me up. As a displaced Baltimorean, not a day goes by that I don't dream of crab. I think I might frame your crab stuffed blossom photo, hang it my home and sigh at it longingly everyday!

6. Coffeebeans says:

Dear Chef Dennis,

Do you really want to get rid of me? Soon in off I'll die here!
    I'm so sorry that I can't have you as a teacher…but I'm glad that I have you as friend!
    Today's recipes are more than I expected. They are wonderful! You did a great job.

7. Jess @ Bakericious says:

I am drooling now, eyeing on the Steak Scampi and also, the cute zucchini pop yummy

8. I agree…this is too much (in a very good way). The blossoms alone were beautiful, but then when you started to talk about crab meat…I floated up and away! Yum. Yum. Yum. I miss all the farmers markets on the East Coast, but thankfully I get to live vicariously through you. If only I could eat vicariously too!

9. Dionne Baldwin says:

Once again you make the blossoms look good enough to eat. The scampi looks amazing! And my family is looking over my shoulder telling me repeatedly, "Go back to the pictures! Will you make that please??"

Nicely done, Chef.

10. The Cilantropist says:

Wow, I am truly salivating!!! The blossoms are just adorable and delicious at the same time, and then that scampi looks just to die for. :)

11. the wicked noodle says:

Hi Chef Dennis!
    I'm quite in awe of your blog! I visit very few blogs these days that have me looking for the subscription button, but yours is too fabulous not to return. Love the recipes, photos, writing…very nice! Thanks for visiting mine and I look forward to continuing to read more.
    Best,
    Kristy
    (The Wicked Noodle)

12. Jen_from_NJ says:

I am now hungry and drooling over my computer. Just fantastic!

13. We looked at the photos and both had the same question… What time is dinner? And, what can we bring :-) I just wish we were eating some of those incredible squash pops instead of fast food on the way to teach a Social Security class…

14. Organic Warrior says:

I think I have a few of those blossoms in may garden-my son didn't know they were edible. Boy is he in for a surprise! Thanks for the batter recipe-now I don't even have to search for one!

15. Chef, you've done it again! Outstanding. Looks beautiful and mouth watering delicious. Thanks for sharing and your creativity ROCKS!

16. Allie and Pattie says:

Oh Dennis! Isn't this time of year the best??! I mourn at the ned of Farmer's Market season. We just got back and I'm trying to catch up with my favorite blogs- I think you just gave me dinner for this weekend! Gorgeous!
    xoxo Pattie

17. Adelina says:

Wow! That's the only comment I have. I am drooling….

18. Julie M. says:

Look at those blossoms! I love how you just breaded the tops. They look absolutely delicious. I'm not a red meat either, but I might be able to make an exception for that steak scampi. Holy moly that looks good. My mouth is watering just from looking at it!

19. Julie M. says:

20. A Thought For Food says:

Another stunning recipe, Dennis! Those zucchini blossoms are just gorgeous! I hope that you open up a restaurant so all your fans can come visit and you can treat us to some of these delectable looking dishes.

Are you kidding me??? This is way over the top on the deliciousness meter! You are too funny as well with your very honest story of desire for squash blossoms at the market! What else can I say, WOW!

22. Mister Meatball says:

Nothing against your scampi, which looks wonderful, but those zucchini pops are just crazy good looking!!!

Nice work.

23. Jennifurla says:

You are the man CHEF!! I would kill for this seriously..do you ever visit san diego because I need this meal.

24. RamblingTart says:

I'm SO glad you answered the come hither, Dennis!! :-) Wowsers – the photos are absolutely brilliant! The colors are simply magnificent and I would happily, SO happily eat every last morsel. :-)

25. Recipe for Delicious says:

Those are adorable! I made crab cakes with my crab, but these look gorgeous too! In my crab cakes, I used cream cheese, but mascarpone would be a little fancier and more appropriate. I'm adding the note to my recipe book. Thanks!

26. citymouse says:

I'm excited about the steak scampi and think I'll make it for my dad. He loves scampi and this will be a nice variation.

The zucchini pops are pretty cool and I am sure they were heavenly.

27. The Mom Chef says:

Ok, so the steak and crab had me drooling. I don't even remember what was posted above it. You were smart to get through the veggies first and then do the meat. :) (I'm such a carnivorous omnivore).

28. Lynne @ CookandBeMerry says:

This is my first visit to your blog and I had so much fun reading almost all of your posts. And the photo of the shrimp and crab meat scampi is absolutely mouth watering. Bravo!

29. ELIANA-Coisas Boas da Vida says:

Chef Dennis
    Just fantastic!
    Thanks for sharing and your creativity!!!!

30. Tanantha @ I Just Love My Apron says:

Love it!! Love zucchini blossoms and you've done a wonderful job here Denis!! Crabmeat is a great idea of stuffing! If I can ever find beautiful zucchini blossoms I will def' try this. I haven't seen gone to farmers markets much this year. Boo on me!

31. this is how to get kids to love their zuchinni and squashes!! id surely have eaten my fair share as a kid if i was served this! and its so fun to look at too! Great job Chef!!

32. Oh my that is a special steak. I enjoy it too when it is so silent because everyone is too busy eating to say anything! Those squash babies are beautiful. I wish our farmer's market had some. Ours is pretty slow now until September!

That's some scrumptious cooking there!

33. I have to agree, those are some insanely beautiful blossoms. simply stunning. I love how you've worked with em' and not ruined their look.

34. Those zucchini pops are amazing. I have never seen anything like those before! I love how you prepared them with the crabmeat stuffing. My family and I would go go crazy for something like this!

35. Yes… I will have all of it, please! LOL I love how you called it precious! I have actually never seen the blossoms that way, they are great. What a wonderful stuffing too, crab and marscarpone… yum! Don't even get me started about the steak scampi…what a scrumptious looking dish…I think my eyes are starting to glaze over and my mouth is watering excessively….mmmmmmmm!!

36. Cook with Madin says:

All these made me hungry, I just want to reach out through my computer screen. The lovely blossoms and the steak topped with shrimp and crab scampi awesome.

37. Stephanie says:

Beautiful pictures of the zucchini!

38. foodies at home says:

Gorgeous dish! What a treat to find squash blossoms still attached! The food gods were definitely smiling upon you!

39. bunkycooks says:

The squashes with the blossoms on are so cute! I saw them while at some farms, but usually you get blossoms or squash at the markets and not together. The crab filling sounds very good!

40. be still my heart … no wait, that sounds too, well, you know, but I do love a good steak and I do love crabmeat…

41. Isabelle says:

Glad to hear I'm not the only one jumping out of bed early on a Saturday morning just so I can get an early start on the farmers' market. I'm like a kid on Christmas morning, I tell ya. :)
    Love how the zucchinis with the blossoms attached really let you get the best of both worlds… plus they make for a really pretty presentation. Thanks for sharing your finds with us!

42. Lazaro Cooks! says:

Great job. The farmers market can be so inspirational. Creative recipe for the zucchini pops. Another enlightening post.

Be well

I'm seeing zucchini everywhere! I love it! Great new use for yours :)

I'm seeing zucchini everywhere! I love it! Great new use for yours :)

45. ana @ iMadeItSo.com says:

oh wow, those zucchinis! just gorgeous, with those blossoms and all. it's no wonder there are always about a billion comments before me here … you share such wonderful things, generous with your recipes, and feasts for the eyes.

thanks chef dennis…

~ ana

46. denise @ quickies on the dinner table says:

Dennis – you have got to be one of the most generous bloggers around. Your posts are seldom confined to just one recipe, and they always rock. Love EVERYTHING here but I have to take the Steak Scampi! Your photos amaze, as always :)

47. Torviewtoronto says:

Looks so delicious

48. Cookie Sleuth says:

Steak scampi?!? Wow!

49. Katherine says:

Oh my gosh, Dennis… These look FANTASTIC! Everything – the steak, the blossoms… so good!!! :)

50. Chef Dennis…everything looks so delicious here :) I am hungry just drooling at them . Thanks for making me hungry *wink

51. Kristen says:

Those squash are gorgeous! There is so much texture and flavor in those little "pops" Wow!

52. Damaris says:

are you for real?
    FEED ME!

Those baby squash are gorgeous indeed. And although I do not eat meat or poultry…The scampi is fantastic, I would say delightful in fact. Glad your wife was so pleased :)

54. Priscilla - She's Cookin' says:

The zucchini pops are so cute! But you've outdone yourself with, not just shrimp scampi, but steak with shrimp and crab scampi! You must have an army of hobbits working for no one man could be so prolific ;)

55. Angie's Recipes says:

GOSH! Denise..where do you live? A food paradise? LOL …. I don't think I have ever seen zucchini blossoms looking so sexy! And that steam scampi…oh, man, I just want to reach out and grab it off from the screen!

56. Hehehehe – I reckon if I heard the wind calling me heither I'd run in the other direction! Great looking dishes ;0)

57. MaryMoh says:

Now I wonder what happens. Your blog is suddenly in African! There's no English translation for it. I enjoy your dish…looks delicious…. but not sure what you wrote…haha

58. Chef, you are a genius! I love how you can look at something like that blossom and know instinctively what to put inside it.

Everything looks so delicious, too. Even my vegetarian self was drooling a wee bit. ;)

59. that's why someone is a chef and the rest of us mere mortals can just invite ourselves for lunch
    Zucchini flowers are not used in my country, don't even know if anyone knows they should not go to waste. Pity. As for the farmers market, there is still a tradition of going to them every week, and every district in this 2.5M city has its own tucked away in the middle of all the scyscrapers. Don't know how long that's going to last.

60. What a super post! I LOVE zucchini blossoms and your photos make them look delicious.
    Isn't the produce great right now? It's an adventure and your mind gets overloaded with ideas.

You have outdone yourself with the steak scampi. I mean, what could be better than combining seafood with steak in a single dish?

61. It looks so wonderful! So beautiful. I bet it taste great, too. We love anything fresh like this :)

LOVE IT! They look like little torches of joy!

I've bought them this way at the market, but always end up cutting off the baby squash and using it in the stuffing. The Crab filling sounds devilishly good!

63. Morellocherry says:

That looks amazingly delicious!!! mmmmmmmmmmm, tasty , tasty!!

64. Ana Powell says:

Precious and beyond that.
    I always feel really motivated and inspired to keep on cooking whenever I visit you.
    Fabulous work ♥

65. Subterfuge Diva says:

Chef Dennis, you're hereby invited over to my house for dinner… And you're cooking! These two dishes are just pure genius!

66. Those blossoms stuffed with crab sound and look gorgeous!

67. Dennis, you trixie hobbit-stole my precious yellow zucchinis. You stole it from us! Yeah, poor Gollum had some serious multiple personality going on there…
    Are those yellow summer squash or a yellow zucchini? Either way, they are beautiful. The crab meat stuffing was a nice decision too. The flavor medley of creamy cheese, crab, and squash sounds perfect. I want it with a glass of dry red wine please!
    The steak is beautius too, just not quite as much up my alley (smile)!

68. Thomas Andrew says:

The zucchini pops sound out of this world. Such a creative idea!

69. FrouFrouBritches says:

Oh my gosh, Dennis! That steak scampi looks AMAZING! YUM! Everytime I read your blog, I gain a pound! YUM! I'm starving!

70. Baking Barrister says:

I'm drooling over here. I had to click on your post to see what you meant by zucchini pops, and if all zucchini were cooked and served this way, I think I would never stop eating it. I bet I could even get my mom to eat them–and she is very anti-vegetable.

71. You had me at the shrimp, everything looks delish! I'm so hungry now! – Gina-

72. Yummy, Yummy, Yummy!!!! The zucchini pops look amazing!!

~Prairie Story …care of Alison Zulyniak

73. That just looks heavenly. I have to look for some of thoe zucchinis.

74. we musn't ignore the call of the farmers' market, no sir. :)

75. Steak scampi! I'm floored! And hungry!

76. lostpastremembered says:

Madness… divine madness.. steak scampi… how did you think of it???? brilliant post and fab photos!!!

77. Cooking with Coley says:

Wow great find! I've never seen anything like it. Wish I could have experienced that meal!

78. intuitive eggplant says:

Culinary Smackdown results up (finally!). Thanks so much for your terrific entry, Dennis, and your ongoing inspiration, plus your patience in my announcement of the winner! Thanks for playing!

79. Linn @ Swedish Home Cooking says:

Beautiful! I can't wait to go to the Farmers market and get all ingredients to cook the lovely dish. mm!

80. The farmer's market gets me out of bed on a saturday morning also. I usually just attribute the voices to a hangover…but maybe it's really just the gods of fresh produce speaking to me.

Those zucchini are the cutest! now I MUST HAVE THEM. Oy.

81. Gina; The Candid RD says:

This might sound like a dumb question, but aren't those flowers on top of your zucchini?? We have a garden and that looks like the flowers that bloom before the squash starts to grow!! Yikes, I need some culinary education.

82. Love this dish so much. It's looks so cool!
    Congrats for top 9. You're the best ;)

83. Oh dear. I think my mouth is watering. And its not even 8:00 am. Amazing!!!

84. Cristina says:

Chef Dennis I do so enjoy your writing. You paint a vivid picture of emotions and still keep it light and witty.

These zucchini blossoms are little torches of deliciousness. What a pleasant surprise to cut into those blossoms and find that delicate blend of crabmeat stuffing.

Wow, that steak scampi! That's a gorgeous dish – magazine cover worthy. Saving this to recipe file. Chef – have you considered writing a cookbook? You really should. :)

85. Susan and Abraham says:

excellent chef dennis. we do not get these young zucchini here with their flower on. surprised at your selection of crab meat n zucchini. try my version of zuchinni masala here
    rgds abraham

86. Both of these dishes look amazing! I am dying to eat a zucchini blossom. On one hand, I'm scared (cause it is a flower…) and on the other hand seriously intrigued.

87. Chef Dennis, you're my zucchini god, you always make amazing stuff out of zucchini.

88. Conor @ Hold the Beef says:

The blossoms enough would make me swoon. The addition of the attached squash is causing a double swoon, and the crab meat stuffing?!! Oh dear. Why are you doing this to us? Too much goodness at once.

89. Wow, beautiful! I have some crab meat waiting to be used, as well, but I couldn't have done anything as marvelous as these. Great job…again!

90. Seattle Pastry Girl says:

Wow ! This is beautiful and has me running out to the garden to see how many zucchini blossoms I have. Your blog always knocks me out-such beautiful photos , humorous writing and your recipes-mouth watering delicious..I can't wait to make this dish this week-end !
    Sandy

91. Your pictures look so amazing and fun! I've been fortunate to go crab fishing in Maryland and caught 6 gargantuan blue crabs. Being pastry I wasn't exactly sure what to with them, and I wish I read this was around back then! Btw the steak scampi made me salivate. You are seriously one of my favorite food bloggers!

92. Nicely done Chef Dennis! I have never eaten a blossom but they sure look good. I am a meat and potatoes girl so the steak scampi looked amazing! my husband and I are the same way I eat beef, he prefers not to!

93. My Man's Belly says:

Congrats on the Top 9!

94. The Blonde Duck says:

They're so pretty!

95. I can not believe how amazing both recipes look. The deep-fried blossoms are gorgeous atop baby yellow squash; and the steak scampi? Well, lets just say both recipes are now printed out and ready to be played with in my kitchen. Thank you for sharing such fun food ideas!

96. amazing those zucchini ,congrats!

97. A vegetable pop? And it actually looks good? Congrats and figuring out a way to make vegetables more fun.

98. Jen Cheung says:

I never been to a farmers market yet! But i know there's one near by and I should be going. but since i dont cook now – there's really no use in going. when I get my kitchen – i'll be going there a lot. because the food there is so fresh! fresh off the boat!! :)

love the dish you made! yumms. make my craving go crazy now after looking at sooo many food bloggers!!

jen

99. Foodessa says:

The market for me is like going to the toy store for a child. Actually, come to think of it…I got just as excited to go hopping through the market way more than going to get a toy. I must have been onto to something ;o)

It still astonishes me how excited we get when we're about to create a recipe. You've done a fabulous job creating this meal right here!!!

Have a great weekend ahead,

100. intuitive eggplant says:

Both dishes sound and look terrific – and fun! I've just got to find me some squash blossoms.

Thanks again for your great entry for the Smackdown. Next month's theme has been announced too, if you'd like to join in again.

Take care,
    eggy

101. Cooking For Mark says:

You are teaching me wonderful new things. You are a genius!

102. VintageSugarcube says:

Oh Dennis Dennis Dennis!!! Those blossoms look to die for!! If you lived in So Cal, I'd be asking you if you made house calls!!

103. I love your salads Dennis, look absolutely delicious and beauty! gloria

104. Just Food Snobs says:

I loved the way you described this creation. I would like to make this for my wife someday. The next time we head out to Central or Dallas Market, I will be looking for the Zucchini blossoms.

105. Autumn @Good Eats Girl says:

This looks absolutely exquisite. Wow.

106. Leslie Uhl says:

OK, Dennis, Congrats AGAIN for being #1 on the Foodbuzz daily list, and SUCH a delicious recipe and photos! I have yet to find zucchini blossoms here, and we never got around to planting our garden this year (just the herbs that always grow back no matter how badly we treat them)but hoo boy, if I ever find those babies, I'm a gonna get 'em!

107. Awesome! Simply awesome recipe!

108. There's nothing to dislike about this post. The colours in the pictures are fantastic! The zucchini pops are poster perfect!

Thanks for your invitation on foodbuzz which led me to discover your wonderful blog :)

109. Dennis that zucchini looks sooo good. And the steak scampi! I bet the wife was overjoyed – I think I would've been too!

Congrats on your Top 9 the other day too, well deserved!

110. That zucchini and steak looks absolutely divine, Dennis! Yum! I'm not surprised the wifey was over-the-moon – I would've been too!

Awesome stuff. Love it. Congrats on your Top 9 the other day, too!

111. All I can say is that this is the most scrumptious meal I've seen in a very long time. I see squash blossoms at the market but I've never stuffed them. There is no way I can resist your recipe so they are on the menu this weekend. Mouth watering post, thanks.

112. They are like tiny torches of light leading us to the finest of tables. What a clever, and I might add, delicious idea. Your scamp is another item sitting on that finest of tables. This was a really enjoyable visit today. I hope the day treats you kindly. Blessings…Mary

113. The Comfort of Cooking says:

Wow Dennis, those little zucchini pops are adorable, and the steak is to die for! Absolutely lovely photos and great recipes, as usual.

Also, if you’re interested, I’m having a silicone muffin pan giveaway on my blog – You should enter!

114. Michael Toa says:

I feel like getting a fork and knife and eat the steak scampi off my laptop screen. It looks fantastic!

115. Tickled Red says:

Okay, Sold! The Steak Scampi is going into my recipe box tonight. Lord my beating heart…what a combo.

116. Lauren Zabaneh says:

those little squashes are so dang cute! I would be the same way…must have them! I don't know why lemons are so expensive either. What's the big deal?
    cheers!

117. Clara Artschwager says:

Your pictures are amazing! The colors are so bright. What type of camera are you using?

118. Val and Mani says:

Good lord these look spectacular! I wish we had a decent farmers' market here in Houston.

And thank you, thank you for the congrats. I'm glad you enjoyed the post; it means a lot coming from you. We've enjoyed following your blog!

119. Your creativity is absolutely amazing! Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog so I could hop over to your blog…I'm loving it so far!

120. Well, I am allergic to the crabmeat but I can imagine that it would be marvelous for those who are not. What an idea! Oh and those squash..almost too lovely to eat. Isn't the farmer's market the best??

121. Food Girl says:

Those zucchini pops made my mouth water! I need to make them ASAP.

Keep up the good work :)

xoxo Food Girl

122. This looks amazing! A steak with crab? How can you go wrong?